Fairlane Help URGENTLY Needed

Post here if you are looking for hard to find parts
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
Saxy

Fairlane Help URGENTLY Needed

Post by Saxy » Thu 06 Aug 2015, 09:08

Guys, I'm really in a fix here and looking for some help.

Long and convoluted story, but please bear with me......

Towards the end of June my Fairlane ZC decided to engage reverse on its own while idling in the garage (in Fourways, JHB) and backed into a wall, crumpling the rear driver's side fender and bumper pretty badly.

A family connection is a backyard, old-school panelbeater in PTA, so I called him, took the car there and was told he could fix it in two weeks at a "family discount" price (You're probably all rolling your eyes already).....he has now had the car 6 weeks, with constant excuses and lies: I went there to check up on him last Sunday and he has cut out the rear corner and light surround and halfway reshaped them but clearly very little else. After I threatened him with legal action, HelloPeter, RMI and SARS, he has now confessed to me today that he doesn't feel capable of doing the job (mostly because he is obviously drunk 90% of the time).

:evil: :evil: :evil:

So here's what I need.....

A GOOD panelbeater who can reshape, weld up and paint the damage and who can pick up the car (she is driveable but not really street legal) from Kilner Park, PTA and sort her out - I am out of town and simply cannot get it sorted myself. Happy to pay whatever price is necessary within reason, just want my car back on the road :?

CAN ANYBODY HELP???

Thanks guys,
Snap on 2 and 4, but never lose 1

jmvv

Re: Fairlane Help URGENTLY Needed

Post by jmvv » Thu 06 Aug 2015, 11:52

You have a PM.

Saxy

Post by Saxy » Thu 06 Aug 2015, 14:25

Nice to know this community is home to some really nice people......thanks for your support Johann!
Justin
Snap on 2 and 4, but never lose 1

Bearhawke

Post by Bearhawke » Fri 07 Aug 2015, 10:12

Our Fords with AT from about the mid 1960's till the early 80's had a problem of jumping into reverse from Park as well while idling.
Bearhawke in Az, USA

1998 Plymouth Grand Voyager minivan.

Social Media