el camino bonnet

Post here if you are looking for hard to find parts
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
troopie

el camino bonnet

Post by troopie » Tue 12 Aug 2014, 14:50

hi there guys i am rebuilding an el camino and need a bonnet, it is the type with the raised front grill so the bonnet is also raised in middle , single head light type with indicators on front wing corners , also looking for the large grill to fit in the front end ,

Burnthosetyres

Re: el camino bonnet

Post by Burnthosetyres » Tue 12 Aug 2014, 16:32

Do you know what year? I'm selling my Chevelle bonnet and 70 -72 El camino & Chevelle same!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (96.45 KiB) Viewed 3271 times
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

craigd

Post by craigd » Tue 12 Aug 2014, 23:12

i would love that chevelle bonnet if you have fenders, bumper, grille & headlamp surrounds to match..
i so think that year front end will look awesome on a el camino.

(then i can sell my bonnet to troopie) :D

cheers
craigd

1965 Pontiac Parisienne

ChevyWorld

Post by ChevyWorld » Wed 13 Aug 2014, 00:30

You want the Caprice Classic tipe bonnet.
Think I have one will look tomorow.

raceface

Post by raceface » Wed 13 Aug 2014, 08:04

....come come Guy's yu'all got to start paying attention.............I've got all the stuff you looking for..plus more. :)

http://www.junkmail.co.za/motoring/bakk ... s-36205363

But you must please appreciate that they are very much ‘projects’ that why we are selling the whole lot together for such a reasonable price.

The ‘body’ has being removed from the one chassis for that chassis to be prepared / treated and repainted as per the picture in the advert and in the process of said removal the body was stripped of the doors etc. and having being remove the body was placed loose on the floor. This being the better of the two bodies.

The second body while being quite rusted is still on it’s the second chassis however that also has being stripped ie: doors removed etc with a view to selecting the best body parts for refurbishing and in turn for rebuilding one vehicle from the two. (plus a half!)

As stated in the advert both vehicles have their respective motors and gearboxes (308 v8 / 3800 straight six.) and brakes (disks front) plus wheels / mags. The interiors were pretty much complete however they would need to be refurbished.
Additional parts included would be spare sliding windows and grills plus all the lights, bumpers etc. plus a windscreen.

The intention was to rebuild one El Camino using the double headlight setup of the Caprice Classic that’s why we have included in this package all the major components that would be required for that upgrade. Ie: Left / right fenders including inner fenders, bonnet (hood) valance plus the radiator cradle all used of course thus they would need to be refurbished as would the balance of the two vehicles.
For the Caprice front end we also have the correct grill, new unused in the box.

Both vehicles have their respective ‘Tags” however there are only papers for the one.

" it's not Custom if you don't cut it"
http://www.facebook.com/racefacecustomclassic.
082 440 6286

troopie

Post by troopie » Wed 13 Aug 2014, 10:36

my bonnet would be straight at front but raised
i cant load the pics of the car but if you send me email i can reply with pic attachment neil@wharic.co.bw

troopie

Post by troopie » Wed 13 Aug 2014, 14:27

dont forget mine is the holden with 308 engine ,

troopie

Post by troopie » Wed 13 Aug 2014, 15:19

its a holden hx 1976 . over here its called chev el camino ?

craigd

Post by craigd » Wed 13 Aug 2014, 22:09

raceface wrote:....come come Guy's yu'all got to start paying attention.............I've got all the stuff you looking for..plus more. :)

But you must please appreciate that they are very much ‘projects’ that why we are selling the whole lot together for such a reasonable price.

The ‘body’ has being removed from the one chassis for that chassis to be prepared / treated and repainted as per the picture in the advert and in the process of said removal the body was stripped of the doors etc. and having being remove the body was placed loose on the floor. This being the better of the two bodies.

The second body while being quite rusted is still on it’s the second chassis however that also has being stripped ie: doors removed etc with a view to selecting the best body parts for refurbishing and in turn for rebuilding one vehicle from the two. (plus a half!)

As stated in the advert both vehicles have their respective motors and gearboxes (308 v8 / 3800 straight six.) and brakes (disks front) plus wheels / mags. The interiors were pretty much complete however they would need to be refurbished.
Additional parts included would be spare sliding windows and grills plus all the lights, bumpers etc. plus a windscreen.

The intention was to rebuild one El Camino using the double headlight setup of the Caprice Classic that’s why we have included in this package all the major components that would be required for that upgrade. Ie: Left / right fenders including inner fenders, bonnet (hood) valance plus the radiator cradle all used of course thus they would need to be refurbished as would the balance of the two vehicles.
For the Caprice front end we also have the correct grill, new unused in the box.

Both vehicles have their respective ‘Tags” however there are only papers for the one.

thx Raceface

i saw that some time back... and consider it a genuine good deal.
just not sure i want to cover 4000km for it.

the front im specifically looking for is not Caprice.... that i can get by this "mad rasta" here by the airport (may his soul r.i.p)

i WANT a chevelle front end. 68-72

you know what.... i will pm you regarding those spares. :D
craigd

1965 Pontiac Parisienne

ChevyWorld

Post by ChevyWorld » Wed 13 Aug 2014, 23:17

I have a bonnet for you R800

Social Media