Dodge Challenger 1970 Dynacorn Body

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
Buckaroo

Dodge Challenger 1970 Dynacorn Body

Post by Buckaroo » Tue 03 Jul 2018, 12:14

A new Dynacorn Dodge Challenger Continuation Body manufactured by Dynacorn (who are licenced by Mopar to produce these bodies) to the exact specifications of the original Dodge Challenger. Includes front fenders, bonnet, doors, tail lights and boot. The body is an exact replica made with modern steel using modern manufacturing technology. The most valuable and collectable year of Dodge Challengers and an ideal way to start your own Dodge Challenger project using a 300C as a donor or to re-body an existing rusted-out Challenger.

Parts included with sale of the Challenger:
1. New body
2. New bonnet
3. New boot lid
4. 2 x new doors
5. New grille assembly
6. New left and right tail light and back up lens (with Dodge in tail light)
7. 2 x new tail light bezels
8. 1 x box second hand tail light lens, bezel, light bucket (as these can’t be bought new)

Also, it should be noted that it is not on a rolling chassis but on a rolling trolley.

R325 000. plus VAT ONCO Craig 082 374 4691 preferably office hours craig@amcarimports.co.za
Attachments
DC 9.jpg
DC 9.jpg (120.29 KiB) Viewed 14895 times
DC 7.jpg
DC 7.jpg (74.81 KiB) Viewed 14895 times
DC 3.jpg
DC 3.jpg (98.22 KiB) Viewed 14895 times
www:amcarimports.co.za : New 67/68/69/70 RHD Mustang Fastbacks, Restomod: RHD 65-70 Mustangs, RHD Chevelle coupes, RHD 68 Camaros.
Amcar Imports : RHD 2012/13/14 Mustangs and Shelbys, F150 Raptor
Dynacorn Bodies.

Maverick

Re: Dodge Challenger 1970 Dynacorn Body

Post by Maverick » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 11:50

You want R325k just for a body?

i can import a complete car for about R450k.

This kak makes me laugh honestly..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WCC

Post by WCC » Mon 16 Jul 2018, 16:39

Maverick wrote:
Mon 16 Jul 2018, 11:50
You want R325k just for a body?

i can import a complete car for about R450k.

This kak makes me laugh honestly..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In that condition and landed after taxes and duties, I will take two complete ‘70 Challengers for R900k please. :mrgreen:

Buckaroo

Post by Buckaroo » Wed 01 Aug 2018, 13:30

When people talk such BS on public forums like this it is no wonder most car restoration businesses are struggling or closing down.

Like WCC said - we'll all take 2 for R900 000.

Unlike all the clever dicks out there I have imported over 50 vehicles so I know what the real cost and hassle is.

Of course to them, all sellers are honest and sell cars for a fraction of their value, the cars are mint with no rust or filler, parked in a harbour right next door to a container company with an oke down the street who offers to load the vehicle and get it through export customs all for nothing and then the shipping costs R10 000 and no clearing and duties to pay this side.

As a reality check I can't find one for sale in the USA for less than $35 000 and most are in the $45 - 100 000 range.

At 13.5 to 1 the $35 000 converts to R472 500 and the cars over there.

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Wed 01 Aug 2018, 19:23

Buckaroo wrote:
Wed 01 Aug 2018, 13:30
When people talk such BS on public forums like this it is no wonder most car restoration businesses are struggling or closing down.

Like WCC said - we'll all take 2 for R900 000.

Unlike all the clever dicks out there I have imported over 50 vehicles so I know what the real cost and hassle is.

Of course to them, all sellers are honest and sell cars for a fraction of their value, the cars are mint with no rust or filler, parked in a harbour right next door to a container company with an oke down the street who offers to load the vehicle and get it through export customs all for nothing and then the shipping costs R10 000 and no clearing and duties to pay this side.

As a reality check I can't find one for sale in the USA for less than $35 000 and most are in the $45 - 100 000 range.

At 13.5 to 1 the $35 000 converts to R472 500 and the cars over there.
Go call yourself a dick please.

I’ve imported and built plenty cars. And yes south african workshops and classic car resellers close down because firstly most of you do absolutely shit jobs, monstrosities painted in lumo green with pieces of chequer plate and Lexus V8 motors, and secondly you think its worth R1m, and when nobody is stupid enough to pay R1m for your R150k chicken coop, you throw your toys out the cot.

Nobody wants your overpriced frikkie foose conversion shit, not here or anywhere around the world.

Start building cars properly and stop ripping people off and maybe you wont have to close down.

As we were.

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Wed 01 Aug 2018, 20:50

https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationt ... challenger

Maybe also read this and educate yourself. You might be good at law but maybe you should leave the car business for people that actually know it.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 02 Aug 2018, 07:28

Maverick wrote:
Wed 01 Aug 2018, 20:50
https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationt ... challenger

Maybe also read this and educate yourself. You might be good at law but maybe you should leave the car business for people that actually know it.
I think this is pushing the forum rules a bit...robust debate is warranted, personal insults not so much, the same applies to Buckaroo.

Gents lets rather debate the restoration business without resorting to personal digs.

I for one agree with Maverick that a lot of the work in SA is appalling done, however there are some honest sellers out there who do appear to tell things how they are.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

brennan67

Post by brennan67 » Fri 17 Aug 2018, 17:22

I dont get it, the item for sale is a Dynacorn body, its as it comes from the dynacorn factory in the USA, so how poor builds are in SA has nothing really to do with anything and is beyond me..??? really not relevant here at all.

ok ok.. lets look at the numbers.

R325 000 landed in SA.
$17 000 Retail price in USA
R14.8 - current USD/ R exchange rate

So $17000 = R251600.
Difference is R73500 which needs to cover freight, duty, insurance, land transport, clearing fees and I guess its a business so the seller Amcar needs to make a profit. Hardly a rip off.

Look its not cheap here or in the USA for that matter but it is what it is. If a new body appeals to you and you can afford it I dont see this as a rip off and think its priced accordingly. Would love to see someone build one and that we get to see more MOPARS on SA roads.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Fri 17 Aug 2018, 20:23

Thing is though you need a chassis to make this whole idea work....pity someone doesn't make the chassis too...
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

Jason

Post by Jason » Sat 18 Aug 2018, 05:14

ZA Perana wrote:
Fri 17 Aug 2018, 20:23
Thing is though you need a chassis to make this whole idea work....pity someone doesn't make the chassis too...
The Challenger/Cuda E-bodies don't have a chassis. These are unibody cars. The real problem is most MOPARs do not have as robust reproduction parts supply as Mustang and Camaro so finding many of the little parts to build one of these correctly will be a challenge. The headliner bows will be hard to source for sure, then comes the grills, and then the dashes. Some pieces are made but many are restored so you need a core to send to the reman company....cores are hard to find.

Social Media