1970 Mach 1 mid resto - might sell....

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
motor1

Re: 1970 Mach 1 mid resto - might sell....

Post by motor1 » Mon 07 Jul 2014, 00:33

jlebenon wrote:Good to hear you keepin the car ...
Agreed. Would love to see this finished
Youven
2004 Mondeo 2,0
ImageImage
2002 Honda 929 Fireblade Streetfighter
ex - '94 Laser 1600
ex - '88 Sierra 3,0 LX
ex - "67 Cortina 1600 GT

member of capestowners

Muzzymad

Post by Muzzymad » Mon 07 Jul 2014, 19:45

Thanks guys......cant wait to take her down the road.
I will post pics as she starts coming together.
1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Stripped and ready for the resoration
1957 Ford 300 Custom or 500 Fairlane or Ranchero - Oneday, still searching
Fast is a Ford letter word!!

pzhdbh

Post by pzhdbh » Tue 08 Jul 2014, 21:49

Muzzymad wrote:pzhdbh, did you just wake up, or have you been restoring cars in a closed garage with the motor running.
You sound like the typical couch petrol head that has not had a passion for Muscle cars since a young boy, but since Gone in 60 Seconds hit the circuit.
I actually have had 3 offers and 2 quite close to asking, if you read the Subject Line, it says, "1970 Mach 1 mid resto -might sell..." , that's right, MIGHT SELL, I decided to keep my life long dream and complete it.
So you carry on watching TV, and Bidorbuy, as your comments make no sense!!!
I don't know what a couch Petrol head is, but I do have a Masters Degree in Finance from Stellenbosch as well as a Bcom Hons and Bcompt, so I am to a certain extent qualified to comment on the financial and commercial aspects of car restoration.
Having a passion is great, and spending up to 3 or 4 times the market value on your hobby is fine if that gives you joy and pleasure (as per the successfull businessmen quoted)

I was basically endorsing the comments made by Buckaroo.
The pictures of the vehicle show that it needs far more than just assemling - engine needs external dress-up, under bonnet area and all parts tidying up etc.

If you have genuinely found someone prepared to pay your asking price for your project, you have done very well.

If you choose to finish it off yourself well done and good luck.

The fact is that a large percentage of project vehicles are never finished by the original restorer, and those that are finished usually take a lot longer than planned and cost a lot more than budgeted for.

No need for the ad hominen attack, BTW.

PS I have a seaside holiday house that I "might sell" for 4 bar, although the market price is closer to 2.5 bar.

49Shoebox

Post by 49Shoebox » Wed 09 Jul 2014, 10:11

This guy is a jerk. lol whatever MuzzyMad just ignore the rejects like this one, let him go play lego in his holiday house.. it will keep him occupied calculating his labor and cost per brick...

PS: Lego cant build you a life... :mrgreen:
Just enjoy life, it doesnt last forever.

Muzzymad

Post by Muzzymad » Wed 09 Jul 2014, 20:02

Agree there 49shoebox, and also agree with pzhdbh on some points, however, I think he forgot to add that he is a qualified Estate agent as well..... :lol:
1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Stripped and ready for the resoration
1957 Ford 300 Custom or 500 Fairlane or Ranchero - Oneday, still searching
Fast is a Ford letter word!!

ROBBINATOR

Post by ROBBINATOR » Wed 09 Jul 2014, 20:28

49Shoebox wrote:This guy is a jerk. lol whatever MuzzyMad just ignore the rejects like this one, let him go play lego in his holiday house.. it will keep him occupied calculating his labor and cost per brick...

William.......are you for real dude......just recently a member gets a sacking for an 'interpreted' direct attack on another member and you come with this crap!!.

Cheers.....Robbie.
EXPERIENCE.....tells you that a Tomato is a fruit.
WISDOM....tells you that it does not go in a fruit salad.
GOOGLE....can help avoid your customer's car from burning out and then been summonsed to court.

addict

Post by addict » Wed 09 Jul 2014, 22:03

never a dull moment......then it passes

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 10 Jul 2014, 07:23

pzhdbh wrote:I have restored over a dozen cars and costed each restoration.
If you farm the work out to professionals, it can never pay to buy a project and have it restored - the numbers do not add up.
Rather buy the best completely restored or original vehicle that you can afford.

TV Classic car shows like "wheeler Dealers" are bullshit - they only show a "profit" because Edd China's labour is costed at zero instead of 100 - 200 pounds Sterling per hour - the going minimum rate for a top notch restorer in the UK.

Even if you do all the work yourself, restoration projects ALWAYS end up costing more than you estimate, and taking you longer.
UNLESS, of course you have a team of 20 technicians and an unlimited budget for new parts like the team on "Overhaulin"

My estimate of the market price of the Mustang project in question is 100 - 150 K ZAR tops.

Don't believe me? Try putting it up for sale on "bidorbuy" or E-bay (I can ship it to the USA for you for under 40K).

How many offers has he had at 275K?

Oh yes - that's right - ZERO!
Did I miss your introduction?

For what its worth I too have a Bcompt and I too have some financial savvy and what you unfortunately left out in the above comment was rarity and you cannot compare the SA market to Ebay.

Seeing as you have much experience with restoration would you be so kind as to perhaps share some pictures of said restorations with us, as a forum we like to see pictures of restorations.

I do however agree that few if any restoration projects ever come in at under budget.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

ZA Perana

Post by ZA Perana » Thu 10 Jul 2014, 07:25

49Shoebox wrote:This guy is a jerk. lol whatever MuzzyMad just ignore the rejects like this one, let him go play lego in his holiday house.. it will keep him occupied calculating his labor and cost per brick...

Unfortunately this post crosses the line and as such the above member has been sent to the cooler for a 7 day period. Blatant personal insults on the forum wont be tolerated.
Alfa GTV 3.0
Ford Capri Perana V8
Chevy Lumina Supercharged

Wait not for tomorrow to do what can be done today, live each day for one knows not what the next day may hold.

jlebenon

Post by jlebenon » Thu 10 Jul 2014, 08:44

Someone got picked on at school :lol:
2006 lumina ute
1973 El camino 353ci

Social Media