1969 holden Monaro

Sell your muscle car
Forum rules
If you are not a regular forum member, please introduce yourself in the Indroduce yourself/Welcome to new members section. Tell who you are, where you are from and some background details. Your advertisements will be deleted if you don't.
  • ● All adverts must include pictures and a price. This is not a bidding site.
  • ● Please respond to enquiries, if you don't respond your add will be removed.
  • ● Please change an item heading to SOLD when it is sold.
  • ● Members are allowed 12 adverts per year to make sure the forum stays an enthusiast platform.
jlebenon

Re: 1969 holden Monaro

Post by jlebenon » Tue 31 Jan 2012, 07:19

that thing is 50 grand tops >>> it needs another 100 to put it right and only the real car builders on this forum know that >>> in order to get it perfect it needs a strip down and rebuild incl motor brakes paint >>> if the aussie guys think its such a good price pool your money together and come fetch it>>> R199000 should get u a mustang or camaro which needs minor work not that thing
2006 lumina ute
1973 El camino 353ci

Waterhond

Post by Waterhond » Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:01

Isn't it only about exchange rate ?

FairmontGT
Site Admin

Post by FairmontGT » Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:19

Exchange rates dont have much to do with it - its how desirable the local car enthusiasts find a model that determines how much money it will command locally.

For example, in Australia people will gladly pay more for a 1970 Monaro or Falcon GT than a new Comodore SS, how many people in South Africa will pay more for a Fairmont GT or Chev SS than a new Lumina SS?
Yes we did build muscle cars in RSA!!!!
http://www.africanmusclecars.com

Rhayader

Post by Rhayader » Tue 31 Jan 2012, 16:39

FairmontGT wrote:Exchange rates dont have much to do with it - its how desirable the local car enthusiasts find a model that determines how much money it will command locally.

For example, in Australia people will gladly pay more for a 1970 Monaro or Falcon GT than a new Comodore SS, how many people in South Africa will pay more for a Fairmont GT or Chev SS than a new Lumina SS?
Absolutely! And if I won a new Commodore SS in a raffle, I'd sell it and buy a HT Monaro as soon as possible :)

And on the other matter, in the past few years I know of several very good and original 308 Chev SS - in much better condition, in Australia and in the registration system - that have sold for less than that Monaro is gonna cost you to get here and on the road. And ones in a similar condition to that one in Oz are selling for a lot less. You might not be able to buy one tomorrow, but if you wait a few weeks/months, the right car will come up without having to go through the expense/hassle of importing...

Cheers

Paul D.

Trippytaka

Post by Trippytaka » Sun 05 Feb 2012, 23:48

crashing dog wrote:thats true, Rhayader.
But some of the asking prices in Aus are making me look elsewhere.
That and the slightly different look of these reallly turns heads here in Aus.
I'm the same. while prices of Monaros have come right back in Oz, they are still pushing the ridiculous. Non GTS 6 cylinder cookie cutters have price tages around the 40k mark. Just crazy money.
I had an HK Monaro as my first car. Stupidly I crashed it and let it go. By 2013 I will have another.

Wallabies comment changed due to offending my countrymen. To clarify. I love Australia. I love the Wallabies. I am ashamed of how they are playing.

Social Media