Post by Grizz1963 » Fri 05 May 2017, 23:32

More done after work.

Mickeys side.

Facias need paint and fitting.

Later guys.

paulusvrotius1

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILL

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Sun 07 May 2017, 10:23

Nice work there Rian, you are quite a handyman.
I have also just put up a new shed so I can clear out my garage that the Perana is in so I can get back to working on it.
I took the easy route though and bought a steel one, 10X12 foot. I used 18mm exterior ply wood for the floor, just need to seal it then I can load it up with stuff.

What do you think MAVRICK!!?? :mrgreen: :lol:
Attachments
IMG_5001.JPG
IMG_5001.JPG (170.3 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
IMG_5063.JPG
IMG_5063.JPG (153.6 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
IMG_5100.JPG
IMG_5100.JPG (145.99 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
IMG_5104.JPG
IMG_5104.JPG (194 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
IMG_5206.JPG
IMG_5206.JPG (78.66 KiB) Viewed 2886 times
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

johan wepener

Post by johan wepener » Sun 07 May 2017, 12:17

I am not a handyman by far. Not at all. But I enjoy the postings by Rian alias Grizz. He is a very active member

of this forum and he posts photos and adventures and all other stuff of various interesting topics. I specifically

experienced his postings during a USA trip of him very interesting.I never thought that those postings

should only be relevant on touring sites or in Getaway Magazine.

I do hope that no member will suddenly question Rassie regarding his postings of his illness. He also

is a regarded member here,he suffers at present and decided to share it with his friends on the Forum.I

cannot look at the pictures of his legs but I read his postings and I am glad that things are turning for the

better.

Various postings on a wide range of things by members make this Forum interesting. It is the diversity

that counts. Ubuntu my friends!

As others have mentioned, should one do not like a specific subject then please just scroll on.

I have another question though :

Rian, when are you proceeding with your C10 ?

Keep well

Johan
JOHAN WEPENER

IF YOU WISH TO DRAW AN INFERENCE IT HAS TO BE CONSISTENT WITH ALL THE PROVEN FACTS.IF NOT, THE INFERENCE CANNOT BE DRAWN

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Sun 07 May 2017, 12:34

paulusvrotius1 wrote:Nice work there Rian, you are quite a handyman.
I have also just put up a new shed so I can clear out my garage that the Perana is in so I can get back to working on it.
I took the easy route though and bought a steel one, 10X12 foot. I used 18mm exterior ply wood for the floor, just need to seal it then I can load it up with stuff.

ENVY ENVY ENVY.....!!!!

And of course it is a proper built shed, unlike my crows nest.

That is pretty much to the same standard I expect from you all the time.

Thanks for sharing.

Johann66

Post by Johann66 » Sun 07 May 2017, 12:41

Grizz1963 wrote:
paulusvrotius1 wrote:Nice work there Rian, you are quite a handyman.
ENVY ENVY ENVY.....!!!!And of course it is a proper built shed, unlike my crows nest.
Thanks for sharing.
It is a question of time on hand and DIY :mrgreen: And Resources! like full kibbles to relieve of their bounty! 8O

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Sun 07 May 2017, 12:44

johan wepener wrote:I am not a handyman by far. Not at all. But I enjoy the postings by Rian alias Grizz. He is a very active member

of this forum and he posts photos and adventures and all other stuff of various interesting topics. I specifically

experienced his postings during a USA trip of him very interesting.I never thought that those postings

should only be relevant on touring sites or in Getaway Magazine.

I do hope that no member will suddenly question Rassie regarding his postings of his illness. He also

is a regarded member here,he suffers at present and decided to share it with his friends on the Forum.I

cannot look at the pictures of his legs but I read his postings and I am glad that things are turning for the

better.

Various postings on a wide range of things by members make this Forum interesting. It is the diversity

that counts. Ubuntu my friends!

As others have mentioned, should one do not like a specific subject then please just scroll on.

I have another question though :

Rian, when are you proceeding with your C10 ?

Keep well

Johan

Hallo Johan,

Thank you for taking the time to post up.

I agree that the nice thing about the evolution of this forum and some treads on here, is the fact that there are genuine friendships and concerns formed for each other.

I contribute to 9 different forums daily, and a few others occasionally and the copy and paste is the easy part, then responding according to the type of forum makes it more personal.

Regarding the C10

The shed I am building, inbetween working at Katy's place every second weekend, wasting my time....... :mrgreen: is actually formthe overflow of "stuff" in and ourptside of the garage. So that I can get back to my truck resto.

I think people do not always have any idea what really goes on on other people's lives, and if people could see inside my brain the last 18 months, they certainly would have taken me in to a. Metal hospital and medicated me, thankfully, these forums, and some friends have kept my head above water.

All I will say is that losing my wife has had a much bigger impact on my life than it should have, but we are all very different and react to stuff differently.

I am desperate to start on the truck right now, but needed to go through certain grief processes act till now.

I look forward to getting my welder a new trigger and set up right to get on with all the rust repairs needed, and there are a lot, as well as all the other jobs waiting for me.

Just a reminder......

Delivery.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x62zfyfLFGI

Tight as a tight thing.

paulusvrotius1

Post by paulusvrotius1 » Sun 07 May 2017, 14:11

Grizz1963 wrote:
ENVY ENVY ENVY.....!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliment but no need to be envious, your shed looks way cooler than mine. :mrgreen:
Cheers

My AMC:
1971 Capri Perana Yellow/Blk.

Old Fords never die because some clotheads keep bodging them back together!!

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Sun 07 May 2017, 22:21

paulusvrotius1 wrote:
Grizz1963 wrote:
ENVY ENVY ENVY.....!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliment but no need to be envious, your shed looks way cooler than mine. :mrgreen:
Agreed that it has a bit of quirky, but still like the tidyness of yours.

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Sun 07 May 2017, 23:18

Shed building aside, Prozac seems to continue to earn its keep.

Managed to return a roll of roofing felt early on Saturday morning dropping the sheds cost by £21.00 again.

Then off to Katy's place for the rest of the weekend to do some house work.

I have yet to add up the costs of the overflow shed but suspect it may still end up under £150.00 which is a bit of a bargain for a space designed to get me some space and back on track with restoring the C10 truck.

Speaking of C10 trucks, my friend NevEno (Paul) in Oklahoma found this amusement park coin in the truck he is restoring, under the carpet.

I did a load of shed painting at Katy's place over the weekend and a few other little jobs.

Then back home tonight I carried on with a few little jobs just before dark.

At Katy's place she has two sheds, one is a great outside utility room, used for tumble drier, freezer and storage space aas well as ironing room space. Small but perfect.
Except it had never had a coat of paint or wood preserver since being put up.
So it's bugged me since day one.
Last weekend I made her choose some wood preserver...... colour selected against my advice.

Turned out to be a bit David Dickerson (very fake orange suntan)

So a trip back to the hardware store (Wickes) and paid more than double what I paid for a 5 litre last weekend and get some brown, maybe an improvement?

My arms have been giving me hell the last few weeks, tendinitis and who knows what else goes on inside, but certainly not working as they should.

But today I gave the utility room shed a second coat and started on her garden shed and finished that as well. We also removed all the shed windows (plastic) and covered them in some application type film.

Second Shed needed attention too.

Finished.

Came home around 7pm and unpacked, fed Harley and gave her some attention, then back to the garage.

Made a finial for the new shed as Ronnie the one lodger insisted it needed one.

Gecko is a nod to my late mum, gone 20 years, but still makes me smile.

Facia done.

Next up, shelves and get it all full of excess stuff.

Back to work in the morning, weekend over.

Grizz1963

Post by Grizz1963 » Tue 09 May 2017, 23:17

After work I squeezed in some time again.

Helped Mickey next door for a while, guess what, building a shed.

Then I came back to continue painting the new shed one more coat of wood protector

Last night I had filled all the gaps between the planks as well.

Also painted the rear wall again and the new facias on that side.

As well as the bricks and blocks that I had used to create the dry wall next to the shed.

Finally tonight I also reflected the small shed, the felt has lasted 10 years and is decidedly tatty now.

Happy with the result.

Still have not started to make the shelves for the shed so I can start emptying the garage and driveway.

Social Media