Worth it?

Any questions or suggestions regarding restorations
BaDaBooM

Worth it?

Post by BaDaBooM » Mon 21 Nov 2016, 11:20

Hello everyone.

I am about to bite the bullet and purchase a 1968 Pontiac LeMans. It has a running engine. Matching numbers 350 V8, 3 speed auto. All the parts are there but needs a full restoration. Needs new interior and I'm sure some of the parts will have to be replaced which are in bad shape like the dash etc. and it needs a respray.

Now it is not my intention to sell the car, and I also do not want to make it a GTO clone.. From what I can see parts are just about the same price as parts for the GTO.

But if I ever do decide to sell will it have a good value? Of course it will not be the price of a GTO but I don't think it will be worth my while if it is worth only 250k.

Your thoughts please?

BaDaBooM

BaDaBooM

Re: Worth it?

Post by BaDaBooM » Mon 21 Nov 2016, 15:29

IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones » Mon 21 Nov 2016, 18:32

So it's not this one?
https://www.olx.co.za/ad/1972-pontiac-l ... 65r5e.html

Remember one of the biggest issues with these LHD cars are the paperwork, make triple sure you can register it before committing.

When asking what its worth, I'm always getting told, willing buyer, willing seller...

But, you can make your own conclusions from what the guys valued the T-37 on the following page at, and that had a 400 big block, Pontiac's of the era are kinda famous for their cubes.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20217&start=10

BaDaBooM

Post by BaDaBooM » Mon 21 Nov 2016, 20:48

Thanks Indiana, nope not that one.

This is the one definitely a 1968.: https://www.facebook.com/vandergarage/p ... 26/?type=3

The body is in good condition, has primer and no dents. Little bit of surface rust where the back window needs to go in. At least the body won't rust until I get it primed resprayed.

:)

Social Media