Retrosound radios

Post any technical questions, FAQs or tutorials in this section
WCC

Retrosound radios

Post by WCC » Tue 06 Jun 2017, 22:34

I'm not a radio guy but I think a discreet radio which blends with the old school look may be something I want to do on my truck. Has anybody installed/used these before?

The RetroSound® Apache Series is the most technologically-advanced radio ever made for your classic 1954-59 Chevy truck. This is the only Made-For-iPod® radio for your vintage Chevy truck, and also the only with built-in Bluetooth® connectivity for hands-free phone calls and wireless audio streaming. The new Apache features a 32,000 color display to customize your radio to your truck's interior. Two USB ports for iPod®/iPhone® or flash drives plus two standard auxiliary inputs are included. The Apache has a built-in 25 watts x 4 channel MOSFET power amplifier as well as front and rear RCA pre-outs, plus subwoofer output, to add external amplifiers. It mounts seamlessly into your Chevrolet truck thanks to RetroSound's patented InfiniMount adjustable bracket system.

Burnthosetyres

Re: Retrosound radios

Post by Burnthosetyres » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 06:36

I bought one for my 57 Splitty. Cost me R7500 had it wired up but hadn't fitted speakers. 1st 2 test drives were so disappointing sold bus for big tin before using the radio so sorry..... can't help 😂😂
'A Camaro is a little animal that eats Mustangs!'

IndianaJones

Re: Retrosound radios

Post by IndianaJones » Thu 08 Jun 2017, 18:57

I was under the impression that not all of the radios made for use in the USA, works well in South Africa, because the frequency spacing used in the USA is 200kHz, whereas in South Africa we use the European convention of 100kHz frequency spacing.
The result is you will not pick up all available radio stations, clearly. Just inquire about that.

Volkspares also sell a brand of retro looking radios.
http://www.volkspares.co.za/shop/browse/radio-body/147

Social Media