Racing info

Racing history organised by manufacturer
Shaughn

Racing info

Post by Shaughn » Sat 04 Mar 2017, 14:10

Can anyone help with info on what car specs are allowed for street2strip and drag racing (straight line racing).

I cant find any car spec info on:
What tyres are allowed
What mods (turbo / nitrous)
What Fuel can you run
Trans brakes yes or no ?

Personally want to spend a year in the very bottom leagues like the street2strip as its the cheapest of the lot, and i am new to it.
In the end, i want to see a ford lay waste to all the golfs and toyotas.

Looking to build up a Mk3 v6 Essex Cortina, good way to waste money and the weekends. Any and all advise is appreciated, i am a sponge for any information and advise available.
Roll cage and safety first obviously.

IndianaJones

Re: Racing info

Post by IndianaJones » Sat 04 Mar 2017, 15:05

Where are you located?

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Sat 04 Mar 2017, 15:09

I am in Cape Town, i checked out Killarney, WPMC sites and the Killarney street & raceway pages on FB, no info on actual car specs or even general rules. Lots of info on Oval and track racing.

IndianaJones

Post by IndianaJones » Sat 04 Mar 2017, 15:37

As far as I know there are no actual drag racing classes at Killarney, as there are at Tarlton.

If you want to build according to specs, look at MSA’s page, for general motorsport regulations.

At Killarney mostly minimum requirements are “Long pants, long sleeve tops and a decent crash helmet”, vehicles are required to pass a basic safety check, basically if your vehicle is in a road-worthy condition, it will pass, perhaps if you run quicker than a 12sec pass, they will start pressuring you for a roll cage, etc.

http://www.raceweb.co.za/draglist/

Various members here have more knowledge of the happenings at Killarney, Gunter, Killarney Racer, etc. Old members Robbinator, and Bird 455, aren’t as active on the forum, as they used to be, but have run regularly at Killarney.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=18102

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Sat 04 Mar 2017, 15:47

Thank you

parkerya

Post by parkerya » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 10:00

I'd love to see old Fords kick the hell out of Golfs, Toyota's & Honda's.

the next MSA event at Killarney is this Saturday. you should come. we can hook-up.

My colleage will be there with his Toyota Boxie 3s-gte(285Kw) & my cousin will be there with his mazda "skilpadjie" 3S Beams. both there for the first time for 'times'. the boxie has beaten a few golf7 R :D .
" better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime"

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 14:22

parkerya wrote:I'd love to see old Fords kick the hell out of Golfs, Toyota's & Honda's.

the next MSA event at Killarney is this Saturday. you should come. we can hook-up.

My colleage will be there with his Toyota Boxie 3s-gte(285Kw) & my cousin will be there with his mazda "skilpadjie" 3S Beams. both there for the first time for 'times'. the boxie has beaten a few golf7 R :D .
This Saturday, i will 100% be there to check it out, thank you. I am also going again Wednesday to check out the Street2Strip :)

Shaughn

Post by Shaughn » Mon 06 Mar 2017, 14:23

I found a MK3 cortina Body , now the expensive part start haha

Social Media